Effective from the 1st of June 2020.
- 1. Privacy Notice
- 2. Information That We Collect and How We Use It
- 3. The Legal Basis on Which The Triangle Platform Collects Your Personal Information
- 4. Sharing Your Information
- 5. Email Communication
- 6. Public Profile
- 7. Cookies and Flash LSOs
- 8. Information From Social Networking Sites
- 9. Contact Lists
- 10. Feedback
- 11. Retention, Modification, or Deletion of Your Information
- 12. Rights of EEA Users (or Similar International Areas)
- 13. California Privacy Disclosure
- 14. Data Protection Officer
- 15. Third Party Services
- 16. Your Third Parties
- 17. Security
- 18. A Note About Children
- Privacy Notice
We may change the provisions of this Policy at any time and will indicate when changes have been made by revising the date at the top of this Policy. We encourage you to review the Policy whenever you access the Services to make sure that you understand our information collection, use, and disclosure practices. When we make material changes to this Policy, we will provide you with prominent notice as appropriate under the circumstances, e.g., by displaying a prominent notice within the Services or by sending you an email. We would do well to notify you in advance.
- Information That We Collect and How We Use It
2.1. Information That You Provide to Us
We will collect information that you provide to us when you use the Services, such as when you:
- Make us your Service Provider;
- Make an enquiry
- Subscribe to any of our Services;
- Send questions or comments via the Service, email, or chat to the Triangle Platform;
- Fill our surveys; or
- otherwise communicate with us through or about the Services.
Information collected may contain personal information such as your name, email address, billing and contact information, and other identifying information you may provide to the Triangle Platform (“Personal Information”). Aggregated, non-personally identifying information is not your personal information. We may use aggregated, non-personally identifying information to operate, analyse, improve, and optimize our website and service.
2.2. Information We Collect About Your Use of Our Services
The Triangle Platform automatically records certain information about your use of the Services. The Triangle Platform uses a variety of technologies to collect this information, including persistent and session cookies, web beacons, and pixel tracking technology. The information we collect includes number of log-ins, actions taken, data displayed or clicked on (e.g., UI elements, links), and other login information (e.g., browser type, IP address, date and time of access, cookie ID, referrer URL, etc.). We use this information to analyse trends, administer the Service, track users’ movements around the Service, gather demographic information about our user base as a whole, and better tailor our Services to our users’ needs. For example, we use “Pixel Tags” in the provision of our Services to you. Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier that are used to track online movements of web users. Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send email messages in appropriate format for our users. It also enables us know when emails have been opened to ensure that we are prioritizing the interests of our users in the messages we send to them. We also use analytics tools to collect information regarding your service usage to improve our Services.
The Triangle Platform may collect automated error reports in the case of software malfunction; such error reports may contain some or all of the information in your accounts and may be reviewed to help resolve problems with the Triangle Platform Service. If you participate in a videoconference with us, we may record the session and retain recordings of the session. A notification will be sent to you about the session been recorded, this will allow you the opportunity to opt out if you have to.
2.3. Information We Collect from Third Parties
Any Personal Information that the Triangle Platform may obtain from other third-party sources will be processed by the Triangle Platform in accordance with this Policy and all applicable laws. We may add this information to the information we have already collected from you via our Services in order to improve the Services we provide to you.
2.4. How We Use the Information We Collect
We use your Personal Information in connection with providing you with the Services and product features. Here are some examples of how we use your information:
- To provide, develop, and enhance the Service;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions, and to send you related information including confirmations and invoices;
- To respond to feedback and monitor security of the Service;
- To provide users with promotional communications, materials, and other third-party information;
- To enforce our terms or rights under any agreement between you and Triangle Platform; and,
- To perform any other action deemed necessary by The Triangle Platform in its provision of the Service, interactions with you, or any other third party.
We may also store information locally on your device, for instance in your local cache. The Triangle Platform reserves the right to review any information to help resolve problems with our Services or to ensure compliance with our Terms of Service.
- The Legal basis on which The Triangle Platform collects your Personal Information
Triangle Platform collects and processes your Personal Information on the basis of different legal grounds, depending on the nature of the Personal Information being provided and the type of processing involved, as follows:
3.1. Performance of a Contract
Some of the Personal Information processed by the Triangle Platform is performed on the basis that it is necessary for the performance of our agreement with you, or in order to take steps at the request of the user prior to entering such an agreement. An example of this would be where the Platform notifies a Start-up for available funding for the Start-up.
3.2. Legitimate Interest
A second ground relied upon by the Triangle Platform for other types of processing of your Personal Information is that it is necessary for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by the Platform. Such legitimate interests will include where the Triangle Platform sends you marketing about our products and services, where we believe you have a reasonable expectation that we will perform a particular type of processing on your behalf, or where such processing is strictly necessary for fraud detection and prevention. The Triangle Platform will only rely on such a ground where an assessment has been performed balancing the interests and rights involved and the necessity of the processing in order to provide our services, products and features to you.
3.3. Compliance with a Legal Obligation
A third ground relied upon for certain types of processing is that it is necessary in order to allow the Triangle Platform comply with a legal obligation. An example of this would be where the Triangle Platform is required to retain business records for fixed periods of time in order to comply with local legal requirements.
Finally, in certain limited situations, the Triangle Platform relies on your consent in order to process your Personal Information. Where the Triangle Platform requires your consent in order to collect and process certain Personal Information, we will seek your consent at the time of provision, and such processing will only be performed where consent is secured. For example, if you no longer want to receive marketing materials from us based upon your Personal Information, there are a number of options available to you. If you wish to opt out of a particular marketing email from the Triangle Platform, you may do so by clicking “unsubscribe” (or an equivalent action) where applicable. Please note that this will only opt you out of that particular marketing campaign. You can also access and adjust your marketing communications subscriptions from your account dashboard or contact email@example.com. to do so. We will comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable, and in accordance with applicable laws.
- Sharing Your Information
We may share your information as follows:
- With Other Users. We may share information about you, your interactions with the Service, Content you post, or other similar information with other users of our Services.
- With Other Triangle Platform Services. We may share information about you, your interactions with the Service, Content you post, or other similar information with other Triangle Platform Services, including those of which you are not a user.
- With Third Parties. We may share information about you with third parties, whether designated by you, or with other third parties including our service providers, business partners (Investors and VCs), and other organizations as we may choose.
- With Service Providers. We may share your Personal Information with third parties, such as vendors and service providers who provide assistance with billing, payment processing, marketing, data analytics support and service associated with our Services, including any provision of goods through our Services.
- With Business Partners and Affiliates. We may share your Personal Information with our channel partners, subsidiaries, affiliates, join ventures, or any other company, to fulfil obligations and requests, to deliver support, and to provide users and our customers’ users with information about the Triangle Platform. The Triangle Platform does not control how a business partner may use your Personal Information. Our business partners are responsible for managing the use of Personal information collected in these circumstances.
- For Compliance with laws and for other legitimate business purposes. We may share your Personal Information when we believe disclosure is necessary or required by law, due to corporate restructuring, change of control, regulation or regulatory action, to protect users, the integrity of the Service, and to defend or exercise our legal rights. We may also disclose your Personal Information when it may be necessary for other legitimate purposes as reasonably determined by the Triangle Platform.
- And Generally. We may share information with the general public, such as your name, username, profile picture, and any Content you post.
- Email Communication
We may send you emails, including marketing, promotional, and third-party related communications. You may opt out of these emails at any time by unsubscribing or selecting this option through our Services. Note that You may need to opt out from each Triangle Platform Service individually. Despite your election, we may still be required to send you Service-related communications, including any updates to our terms of service or this Policy.
- Public Profile
As an essential element of the Service, most of the Personal Information you provide to us when you register or update your profile is displayed on your profile and intended to be shared with other users. Your photos, posts, and other content you post to the Site are also meant for public consumption. We may display this content on the Site, our Services, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. Once displayed on publicly viewable web pages, that information can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not put any sensitive, confidential, or any other information you do not wish to be shared in your posts. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Service, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others.
- Cookies and Flash LSOs
You may instruct your browser to stop accepting cookies at any time or set your browser to prompt you before accepting cookies. Please consult your browser’s settings for further technical information. If you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use all portions or functionality of the Service. We may, or our third parties may, use “Flash Cookies,” to store your preferences for volume control or to personalize certain video features. Flash Cookies are different from browser Cookies because of the amount and type of data and how the data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash Cookies.
- Information from Social Networking Sites
If you provide information through, or sign in via, a social networking site such as Facebook, Google, or any other site we support, we may receive information from that site. Any information we receive may be dependent on the privacy settings you have with that site, so please consult that site’s privacy and data practices. We will not be responsible for any practices of that social networking site. You may de-link your social networking site account from the Triangle Platform through Your Triangle Platform account, and may also change your sharing settings through such social networking site.
- Contact Lists
You may upload or import your contacts to the Triangle Platform Service. When you upload these contacts, you agree you have the rights to upload such contacts and share these contacts with the Triangle Platform. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the relevant third parties that may be required by law to allow us to access and upload the third parties’ names, e-mail addresses, and other contact information. You or such a third party may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. to request the removal of this information from our database.
We may publish any feedback we receive from you. We may identify you by your first and last name and may also indicate your home city. We may post any feedback on the Service from time to time. If you make any comments on a blog or forum associated with the Triangle Platform, you should be aware that you have no reasonable expectation of privacy and that any Personal Information you submit there can be read, collected, or used by other users of these forums, and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the personally identifiable information you choose to submit in these blogs and forums.
- Retention, Modification, or Deletion of your Information
You may change any of your Personal Information in your Account by editing your profile within your Account. Generally, the Triangle Platform will retain user personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services. We may retain certain user Personal Information indefinitely, unless you delete it or request its deletion. For example, we don’t automatically delete inactive user accounts, so unless you choose to delete your account, we will retain your account information indefinitely or as long as allowable by law, whichever comes first.
If you would like to cancel your account or delete your user Personal Information, you may do so in your user account, but we may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements before any such deletion. After an account has been deleted, certain data, such as messages to other users and comments, will remain. However, we will delete or de-identify your Personal Information, including your user name and email address, by associating them with an anonymous user. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
- Rights of EEA Users (or Similar International Areas)
- Information, including information collected in the European Economic Area (“EEA”) may be transferred, stored and processed by us and our service providers in the United States and other countries whose data protection laws may be different than the laws of your country. We will protect your Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Notice wherever it is processed and take appropriate steps to protect the information in accordance with applicable laws. These steps include obligations to both Triangle Platform and you, which are set forth in our Data Processing Agreement, which your use of the Service is subject to, and which can be reviewed here. If you live in the European Economic Area, or a similar international area, you may have additional privacy rights available to you under applicable laws.
Your rights may include:
- Right not to provide or withdraw consent at any time
- Right to access the Personal Information that You provided Us
- Right to erasure Personal Information that We hold about You
- Right to object to the processing of Your Personal Information
- Right to opt out of marketing communications and
- Right to correct any of Your Personal Information.
- California Privacy Disclosure
13.1. Your California Privacy Rights
Other residents: You may make a verified request to the Triangle Platform regarding your Personal Information. While the Triangle Platform does not sell your Personal Information, you can nonetheless make a formal request to delete your Personal Information held by the Triangle Platform through your account or, if you are unable to access your account, via email at email@example.com.
13.2. The Right to Know your Personal Information
You have the right to request that we disclose the Personal Information we collect, use, disclose and sell about you. Section 2 of this Policy explains the categories of Personal Information we collected over the past twelve (12) months, why we collected this information, and the third parties with which we shared it.
- Data Protection Officer
The Triangle Platform has appointed a Data Protection Officer to ensure continued commitment to privacy and security practices. For further information please contact Us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Third Party Services
The Services may contain links to third party websites and services. When you click on a link to any other website, location, or service You will leave our Services and go to another site or service and another entity may collect data from You. We do not control and are not responsible for such third party websites or services. Third party services are for your convenience only, and we do not recommend, screen, review, or have any control over the actions taken by these third parties. Your use of these services is solely your choice and decision. Please review every third-party website or service You visit or use, including those that you interact with through Our Services.
- Your Third Parties
If you decide to invite a third party to create an Account, we will collect you and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses, as well as any other relevant information in order to send e-mail and other communications to the third party. We may maintain this information indefinitely in our database and may also use this information to help us establish networks of contacts, document relationships, facilitate referrals, and improve our Services. We may also use this information to show you and other users that you may know each other or have shared contacts. We rely upon you to obtain whatever consents from the third party that may be required by law to allow us to access and upload the third party’s names and e-mail addresses as required above.
The Triangle Platform is committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We also require you to enter a password to access your Account information. Please do not disclose your Account password to unauthorized people. You are solely responsible for all actions or disclosures of your information or any access to your Account. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while the Triangle Platform uses reasonable efforts to safeguard your Personal Information, the Triangle Platform cannot guarantee its absolute security.
- A Note About Children
We do not intentionally gather Personal Information from individuals who are under the age of 18. If a child under 18 submits Personal Information to the Triangle Platform and we learn that the Personal Information is the information of a child under 18, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe that we might have any Personal Information from a child under 18, please contact Us at email@example.com.